View Practice Areas
Sydney M. Patterson Esq.
Sydney M. Patterson Esq.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Appellate Advocacy
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Maryland, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2016
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- Honors: Dean’s Fellow: Research & Writing Assistant to Professor David E. Aaronson
- Law Review: Administrative Law Review, Senior Staff Member
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Spanish
- David E. Aaronson & Sydney M. Patterson, Modernizing Jury Instructions in the Age of Social Media, 27 ABA CRIMINAL JUSTICE 26 (Winter 2013)
- Super Slot Swap: Delta, U.S. Airways Slot Swap Approved By DOT, ABA TRANSP. COMMITTEE Q., Winter 2012, at 9, 18–19
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (Litigation & Criminal Justice Sections)
- American Bar Association (Litigation & Criminal Justice Sections) (Associate Editor, Administrative Law Section, Transportation Committee Quarterly, 2011-2013)
- Federal Bar Association (Federal Litigation & Criminal Law Sections)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Maryland State Bar Association (Litigation & Criminal Law Sections)
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys’ Association
- Maryland Hispanic Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Committee to Retain the Sitting Judges of Montgomery County, Maryland, Executive Committee, 2014
- Prince George's County Committee to Elect the Sitting Judges' Slate, 2016
Past Employment Positions
- The Honorable Gary E. Bair, Circuit Court for Montgomery County (Jan. 2012–Sept. 2013), Law Clerk
- David E. Aaronson, Maryland Criminal Jury Instructions & Commentary (2011), Research Associate
- The Honorable Peter C. Schaumber, Board Member, National Labor Relations Board (2010), Legal Intern
If you or someone you know has been accused or is under investigation for a federal or state criminal offense, we can help. Contact us by providing a description of your case and/or sending any questions you may have about your legal matter using this “Priority Case Submission” form.
Bold labels are required.
Centrally located in Greenbelt, Maryland we are conveniently located to serve the needs of our Clients throughout Maryland and in the District of Columbia.